Business Development Manager
£35,000 + Competitive Commission • Central London
Business Development Managers required! Candidates must have experience of selling business intelligence products or selling to medical device companies.
As a Business Development Manager you will be tasked with generating new business from small and mid-cap medical device accounts as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities both over the telephone and face-to-face.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive new business generation with a focus on mid-tier pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as other key industry stakeholders, in Europe and Asia-Pacific pharma/med device markets
- Managing these existing relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior (often C-level) decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via our CRM tool
- Collaborating with other commercial teams to maximize revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a broad range of company products and services
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
Education, Experience, and Competencies Required:
- Degree educated
- Business Intelligence sales experience or B2B sales experience into the Pharmaceutical/medical device sector required, which must include proactive telephone-based new business generation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers in the Pharma/Medical Device sector
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace
Our client is a leading international provider of strategic business intelligence for the global pharmaceutical and biotech industry.