Highly Competitive • London
Our client an internationally focussed life science consulting firm are on the lookout for a Consultant, with previous experience in the field of Oncology. The candidate should have thorough knowledge of oncology and/or Hematologic malignancies and should be able to demonstrate in-depth expertise in the clinical development, regulatory affairs, and commercialisation aspects of oncology therapeutics globally, especially in the EU and US.
The candidate should have experience managing teams and projects. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, results-oriented individual with a creative and analytical mind who has the ability to manage and coordinate complex consultancy engagements through strong client and people management, subject-matter expertise, communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to draw conclusions and recommendations from a variety of pieces of evidence. He or she must also be able to operate effectively as part of a global team.
As a Consultant, the successful candidate’s primary focus will be on:
- Project Management: The three-dimensional management of client engagements including design, planning, client management, people management, evidence collection, analysis and reporting
- Client Management: Collaboration with other members of the project and account teams to ensure the client experiences best-in-class customer service and that projects are run in a proactive, communicative and efficient manner
- Secondary Data Analytics: The sourcing, analysis and reporting of published information, be it scientific, clinical, commercial, corporate or market
- Evidence Generation: The collection of market, competitor and stakeholder evidence through desk-based interviewing and elicitation
- Analysis and Reporting: Collaboration with other members of the project team to analyse findings, develop conclusions and recommendations and create client presentations that deliver a linear evidence-based story on the topics in focus
- Conference Attendance: The coverage of key conferences with the objectives of interacting with a wide range of experts and delegates and attending key symposia, presentations, posters and booths
The successful candidate will play an integral role in executing consultancy engagements commissioned by clients. This will be achieved through the effective and efficient management of all aspects of projects.
The consultant will spend 80% of his or her time in the London office but will be required to undertake international travel for client visits, conference attendance and interoffice visits.
The Consultant will possess the following attributes:
- Professionalism: Using both formal and informal processes to gain feedback on their own performance and development. Developing expertise to meet strategic priorities and company requirements.
- Strong Work Ethic: Consistently delivering to expectations and commitments, meeting or exceeding agreed standards by coming up with new ways to overcome challenging circumstances. Tracking progress and resolving issues promptly where necessary. Taking full responsibility for meeting client expectations and company goals
- Efficient Time-Management Skills: Finding ways to improve the efficient use of time. Consistently meeting deadlines. Successfully multi-tasking and appropriately delegating to the benefit of the team
- Ethical Behaviour: Acting and encouraging others to act in line with company and client codes of ethics and processes. Accepting responsibility and taking remedial and developmental action when mistakes are made. Skilfully managing conflicts and sensitive issues within the team. Representing the company and promoting its reputation to a high standard
- Team Interaction: Uniting team members to ensure their work benefits from diverse input, promoting a team ethos across the company and ensuring continued collaboration through effective communication
- Decisiveness: Making informed decisions after careful evaluation of multiple sources and application of intuition and judgment, and upholding company priorities throughout
At least five years of relevant oncology experience gained from working within the biopharmaceutical consultancy or the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is essential. Knowledge of immuno-oncology or immunotherapy will be an advantage and a working knowledge of the clinical development and regulatory processes is required.
The preferred candidate will have a PhD or MSc in Oncology or related field, an MBA and/or a higher degree in a relevant life sciences area.