Business Development Manager
£ Highly Competitive • Central London
Our client is a leading international provider of strategic business intelligence for the global pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Candidates should have experience of selling business intelligence products or selling to pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
As a Business Development Manager you will be tasked with generating new business from small and mid-cap pharmaceutical accounts as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities both over the telephone and face-to-face.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive new business generation with a focus on mid-tier pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as other key industry stakeholders, in Europe and Asia-Pacific pharma/med device markets
- Managing these existing relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior (often C-level) decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via our CRM tool
- Collaborating with other commercial teams to maximize revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a broad range of company products and services
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
Education, Experience, and Competencies Required:
- Degree educated
- Business Intelligence sales experience or B2B sales experience into the Pharmaceutical/medical device sector required, which must include proactive telephone-based new business generation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers in the Pharma/Medical Device sector
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace
Base salary £35-40K, plus realistic opportunity to earn £35k+ (uncapped potential) on target commission