$ Highly competitive base, bonus and benefits on offer • New York
Our client an international life science consulting firm are currently expanding globally. They have openings at Senior Consultant level in multiple locations.
A Senior Consultant manages the delivery of client projects, ensuring delivery of the projects are in line with client objectives and expectations as well as the project timelines. Working closely with the Key Account Lead, the Senior Consultant serves as the key point of contact for the project, manages the client relationship throughout the term of the project and manages the project team.
Senior Consultants will also be members of other teams to support the delivery of projects by conducting research, analysing findings to generate insights and pulling together client deliverables.
Summary of Position / Duties & Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Client Lead, drafts a robust project plan, including key milestones / delivery points, accurately forecasting resource and capacity and identifying potential project risks.
- Manages the team to successfully deliver the project against the plan, including communicating regularly with the project team, leading day-to-day project and update calls, monitoring actual capacity against forecasted capacity and raising any risks / red flags with the Client Lead as appropriate.
- Understands the project budget and constraints and actively ensures expenses and costs are aligned with the project plan / budget.
- Conducts project reviews and provides formal feedback at the close of every project (or at contract renewal for monitoring projects) to ensure key learnings from the project are captured.
- Acts as the key point of contact for the client on the project, addressing any questions / concerns and flagging issues with the Client Lead as appropriate.
- Leads project status update meetings, both internally and externally.
- Builds relationships with the client project team through delivering quality work, regular follow-ups and updates, etc.
- Ensures client satisfaction throughout the term of the project.
Thinking & Analysis:
- Using a range of strategic frameworks, conceptualizes complex data into simplistic, digestible and meaningful insights for clients.
- Manages a research team to ensure rigour and quality of data analysis, in line with the client’s strategic objectives.
- Delegates project delivery to the project team based on the project plan.
- Manages the project team members to deliver the project against agreed timelines and objectives.
- Ensures team members are well utilized (i.e. people are spending their time in the right way).
- Provides feedback to project team members on a regular basis to support their continued development.
- Proactively addresses any performance issues in team members, linking in with the individual’s line manager.
- Provides development opportunities for project team members, as appropriate.
Key Technical Skills, Experience & Behavioural Attributes:
- Experience managing projects or streams of work within projects.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (to include Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- High level analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, to include writing and presentation skills.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the life sciences / pharma industry, to include recent trends, developments and current challenges.
- Delegation and people management skills.
- Aligned to company values: Collaboration, Curiosity, Passion, Resilience and Winning Mindset.
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of relevant life science consulting experience
- Degree(s): BA/BS/MS/PhD - Major(s): Life Sciences