Senior Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research
$ Highly competitive base, bonus and benefits on offer • Vancouver, Canada
Cranmore Executive Search have been retained to assist an exciting independent consultancy based in beautiful Vancouver to source a Senior Director, HEOR. Our client specialise in epidemiology and health economics, with a particular focus on creating customized solutions to best meet their clients’ diverse needs. The team comprises epidemiologists, health economists, statisticians, and IT specialists. Projects are led by senior team members with extensive experience across a wide range of HEOR studies. They have a wide network of external academic and clinical experts who collaborate on studies that lie within their core areas of expertise.
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Director with experience in international regulatory submissions (UK, USA, EU) to lead modelling projects and help contribute to and guide health technology assessment strategy for their clients. This is a full time, permanent position located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Senior Director will be responsible for ensuring the overall quality of project deliverables and building trusted advisory relationships with key stake holders.
The Senior Director will be expected to interact with senior client executives to deliver a range of consulting projects and to lead internal project teams to deliver the work. In addition, this individual will share in the responsibility for management of the business and staff, while creating their own intellectual capital.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
- Final delivery of HEOR projects to clients
- Managing and effectively communicating with clients
- Providing strategic guidance and consultation on health technology assessment to internal team members and external clients
- Designing and implementing health economic models (including cost-effectiveness and budget impact models) in Microsoft Excel
- Scientific writing
- Statistical analysis to inform parameter estimates for economic models
- Contributing to systematic literature review and evidence synthesis projects
- Assessing needs, designing, and providing internal training and expertise in health economics
- Acting as a line manager for 2-3 junior team members
- Leading small teams to deliver projects. This will include the direct supervision & mentorship of project team members
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- MSc or PhD in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, or Public Health, or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience as a project manager / director delivering developing health economic models and health technology assessment submissions in a consultancy or with a manufacturer. Significant experience in developing and delivering health economics projects for international regulatory purposes (UK/USA/EU)
- Strong independent working skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Organizational, multi-tasking and problem- solving skills, with the ability to work independently within a team environment as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required, as well as familiarity with at least one statistical package.