Business Development Manager (Pharma Consulting/Med Comms)
$120,000 base + highly competitive commission • New York
Our Client is an exciting boutique life science consultancy, working with some of the leading pharmaceutical brands on early stage strategy.
- To assist in the execution of the marketing and business development tactics in order to increase leads, contacts, and opportunities
- To deliver engaging interactions with leads, contacts, and clients through multiple channels including email, social, phone, and live interactions
- To provide industry research that provides measurable and valuable information to the Marketing and Business Development teams in building a rich lead and contact database
- Interface with Managing Director, US; Director of Client Services; and CEO, as directed, to create business development and marketing content
- Lead generation (mining networks, web research, etc.). Use CRM to find leads matching needs of Marketing and Business Development for targeted engagements
- Lead intake: upload leads from list buys, email campaigns, live meetings, BD opportunities, LinkedIn research and all sources into CRM.
- Participate in client meetings, pitches, and workshops in order to develop relationships with client, understand client needs, and understand context of other BD activities
- Pro-active as well as follow-through on business development and marketing requests to research individuals, emails, titles, and pipelines for potential target companies
- Efficiently respond and transfer to appropriate contact all potential client inquiries, collect lead data, process into appropriate sales channel;
- Conduct general industry, company specific, and competitive research to support marketing and business development needs.
- Participate and attend live events sponsored by the company as well as key media and industry events that provide BD opportunities.
- Other ad hoc web research (e.g. conference information and details)
- Review marketing materials and content marketing promotion related to business development activities
- Generate routine social media marketing reports from dashboard platforms in coordination with Marketing Team
- Review PowerPoint content for accuracy and appearance marketing and business development
- Logistical support for live meeting engagements (e.g. venue search, venue contracting, invitation creation, invitee tracking, team participation/coordination, on-site administrative support, attendee tracking and follow-up)
- Booking venues, partners, contractors related for off-site business development events
- Prepare BD tools for management of live meetings
- On-site attendance and engagement with logistics at meeting
- 4+ years of experience in Sales, Sales Coordination, Marketing Coordination, or Events Coordination
- 4+ years working in a B2B sales or customer service role with heavy client engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel (including basic formulas), and PowerPoint
- CRM and Social Media Management Platform experience a plus
- Experience working with virtual teams and/or management a plus
- Experience working with events coordination and logistics a plus